Q1) WHY DO I NEED TO CHOOSE CRM?This is the dominant question, which you should ask yourself before how to choose CRM and how starting using the CRM. You are the one who knows your customers, and you’d recognize if the customer database has increased beyond your manual managing capabilities. The idea is to use whatever tools you can to maximize the value to the customers. For medium and large organizations, a CRM project might be a little complex. This is because they might have suggestions from various departments, who want to use the CRM system.
Q2) WHAT’S MY BUDGET FOR THE NEW CRM?CRM is like an investment. Thoughtful and hard preparation would support successful implementation. Budgeting is a part of this preparation too. One important thing is to classify your demands in 2 categories, such as “must-have” and “good to have”. This would help you to identify the features that are necessary for you most of all. Different costs involved how to choose CRM and in some CRM Implementation are:
- Hardware and licensing costs
- Software licensing cost
- Annual maintenance cost / Support and maintenance cost
- Project management costs.
Q3) WHO IS GOING TO USE THE CRMIt’s important to identify the key users, who will exactly use the CRM. The success of implementation is mostly depended on this. It is advisable to anybody who chooses CRM and who is starting the CRM project to start requiring the minimum number of users. Later, you can increase the licenses based on user’s flexibility.
Q4) WHAT OUTCOME DO I EXPECT?When you choose CRM the primary outcomes you expect, need to be documented, for example:
- I am implementing CRM for sales department with a goal of increasing revenues. Revenue was ‘X’ last year, current year’s revenue is ‘X+x’, next year’s revenue should be ‘X+2x’.
- I am implementing CRM for the marketing department to improve campaign response rates.
- I am implementing CRM for customer service department to improve customer satisfaction.
- I am implementing CRM for product support department to improve customer retention.
Q5) HOW DO I CHOOSE A CRM VENDOR?When you choose CRM, you should identify the right CRM vendor. These are the things you need to evaluate:
- Type of merchant
- Automation capabilities
- Integration flexibility
- Free trial / assisted demo
- Service and support SLA’s