Every year we go through the same scenario a lot of trade fairs, sales expos, business meetings which all end with a bunch of business contacts in your pocket. How is it possible to enter all the data into MS Dynamics CRM without forgetting about single contact? Simply download our solution before the event and start scanning cards without the need to carry them with you. This is an overview of how you can combine Microsoft Dynamics and our Business Card Reader to easily create and save new Leads or Contacts into your CRM system.
1) Install the Business Card Reader for MS Dynamics CRM + Create an AccountGo to the “Google Play” on your phone, download the Business Card Reader for MS Dynamics CRM for free. When you launch the app, you need to authorize using your Google Account.
2) Set up the integration with your MS Dynamics CRM
To set up the connection between the application and your CRM account you need to enter your web URL, username, and password that you use for the authorization with MS Dynamics 365 and click “Connect“.
Useful note: You can choose where to save contacts in “Lead” or “Contact” on the same wizard screen or do it later in “Preferences”.
3) Choose the recognition language + Scan Business CardAt the bottom of the wizard screen click on the “flag” icon, choose the recognition language and click “OK”. Useful hint! You can choose maximum 3 languages at a time. You can recognize a business card by clicking the “Camera” icon or from the “Gallery” by clicking the “Image” icon below.
Important note: Before scanning, don’t forget to check if you have a tick on “Upload Card Image” in the “Preferences” menu if you want the image to be saved directly into your CRM!
4) Check/Edit the scanned info + EnrichmentAfter you scan the business card info you are able to check the info plus insert new information. If you want to enrich data you need to click on “Get more” button. You can get an additional person’s info: social network account, company name, department, etc. You can choose the data you want to add from the list and click “Save.” All this information will be automatically added to your recognized info.
5) Add a note or a voice noteIn case you have additional information you want to add, you can make a note or record a voice note. Pay attention: the note will be saved to your CRM
When you added all data, simply click “Save” and data will be sent to the CRM.
6) Saved info + Business Card Image
You can check the scanned info in “Leads” or “Contacts”. In the “Note“, you can find the link to the scanned business card.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to email us from the application “Preferences” => “Support Request“.