1) Install the Business Card Reader for PIpedrive CRM + Create an AccountGo to the “Google Play” on your phone and download the Business Card Reader for Pipedrive CRM for free. When you launch the app, you need to authorize using your Google Account.
To set up the connection between the application and your CRM account you need to enter API Token. To get the API Token you need to:
- Login to your Pipedrive CRM web account (or from the application by clicking “Do it now” link or through the web);
- Go to “Settings”;
- Choose “API” in the left sidebar;
- Copy the code, paste it into “API Token” field in the application and click “Connect”.
Have the detailed look at how it is done.
3) Choose the recognition language + Scan Business CardAt the bottom of the wizard screen click on the “flag” icon, choose the recognition language and click “OK”.
Useful hint! Only 3 recognition languages can be chosen.You can recognize a business card by clicking the “Camera” icon or from the “Gallery” by clicking the “Image” icon below.
4) Check/Edit the scanned info before saving + EnrichmentAfter you have scanned the business card info you are able to check the info and insert new information. If you want to enrich data you need to click on “Get more” button. You will be able to get extended person’s info: social network account, company name, department etc. You can choose from the list what data you would like to add and click “Save”. All this information will be automatically added to your recognized info.
5) Add a note or a voice noteIn case you have additional information you want to be added you can add a note or record a voice note.
Pay attention The note will be saved to your CRM, Pipedrive –> Details –> Files/Notes.
6) Saving the information to the CRM
Please note When you click “Save” you get a message “Creating custom field” when you click “Yes” then all added information will be saved into custom field “BCR Note”. If you didn’t do that after first recognition you can do it later. Simply go to “Preferences” and put a tick on “Custom Field”.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to email us from the application Preferences => Support Request.