If so, it comes the time to check your current CRM process.
- What criteria are you applying to assess the quality of leads in your CRM system?
- Are they qualified based on the duplicate-free data?
- Are your leads providing a single and value-added view of the customer?
Here are some common reasons why CRM implementations are not successful:
- Unclear business goals and strategies. These must be defined mostly by marketing and sales (and a technical approach discussed with IT).
- No governance. Each time new data is loading into Salesforce or any other CRM platform, you risk creating duplicates and may not have a process to ensure the steady quality of both old and new data.
- Labour intensive. Marketing hours wasted on preserving the CRM data quality and integrity.
- Poor reports or dashboards. Lead follow-up and nurturing reports are missing information or have the wrong information.
- People have just stopped using your CRM system. They may have lost confidence in the system due to inaccurate account and lead information.